Monday, January 21, 2013

I have a dream ...too Day 21 (project 365)

I have a dream that one day my four children we be judged not by the color of their skin but the content of their character........
Rev. Martin Luther King Jr

such a small part of a most powerful speech. 



Today the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr is  honored on the calender, as well as celebrated.   I thought about my parents, auntie and uncles and  their involvement during these times of the Civil Rights Movement.   Not  only the things they were to endure but the passion that existed about making change and a difference.     My fathers oral stories of what life was like for him , I can't even fathom.  As a country, people, world citizens , we still have many mountains to climb and conquer.    I celebrate my parents, and ancestors struggles everyday--for they made all things possible for me.   I have a dream....too.   



No comments:

Post a Comment