Thursday, January 3, 2013

chess anyone? - day 3 (365 project)

today , mmmmm....today it has been 20 years since my father crossed over. My father Leer Roux Larkins was(is-spirit always present) a talented artist,sculptor, photographer, writer and an amazing individual. I am inspired by his work , spirit and fire everyday and can only hope to be half as talented as he. I have been fortunate to have been blessed with such fabulous parents. I woke up this morning thinking of how I could possibly do something that would incorporate him and his work in my image of the day. The chess set on the table was done by my father in clay, fired and glazed. My father had made several of these sets at one time and those who are lucky enough to possess one know how special they are. Here are his two great-grandchildren playing chess, their little hands touching his in every little detail made by his strong powerful hands and magnificent presence. His legacy, my legacy......
(take a look at the image larger and see the expression in the little one's faces)

No comments:

Post a Comment