Monday, January 28, 2013

Honeycomb Hideout day 28 (365 project)

Today while getting my car smog check in the neighborhood I walk just next door to meet  Armando Esquer who had his garage open with his personal "man cave" space open.   I went over while he was repairing a surfboard and struck up a conversation. He is a furniture maker and saw some of his photos of his work, very talented individual.

I asked to take a picture of his space.  It reminded me as a kid , the "honeycomb hideout" (I may be dating myself) .  Making spaces for ourselves as children with blankets, sheets, and chairs in the living room or rooms and bringing all of our toys and things there to have in our own private secret world for a moment. No one allowed!!!!

 We all need our own little space, whether it is a little corner in our room or a room we share or home we share . Something special where we can meditate, create, or just be.....our own "honeycomb hideout".


I love the black and white and color ....they both give a different feeling..... 



   


1 comment: