Wednesday, April 3, 2013

chemical error -day 92( project 365)

Today I decided that I want to shoot some film .  I really would like to be in the darkroom .   I miss the smell , the waiting and watching the images come to life,  spending hours in the darkroom and loosing track of time.   It reminds me of time spent with my father and is comforting .   I will have to set up something in my bathroom again. 

I have a Poloroid Super Shooter that I have shot with but they don't make film for it anymore.  There is film that works sometimes...I have to rig it.   Today I tried to use it but the film was old.  I kept the messed up frames thinking I would have to do something with them in an art piece.   I ended up with what you see here.

My reflection in the chemical error, overexposed or no good.
I kind of felt that way today, so it is fitting.    A lack of confidence, frustration, no support....     Am I to old to have aspirations.   Like many , have to work to support our families or ourselves- I squeeze in as much time as possible .   I always think how great it is for people to be able to do their art ( painting, photography or otherwise)  and travel.   It is real, I have seen it.  

    
I have been reminded several times today to not give up in what I do and aspire, that I am not alone, and how very lucky I am to have the life that I do.    Say it , live it, be it and it will happen. 
Do what you love and love what you do.    I do know this...that when I take a photograph, paint, draw, to express myself....that is when I am the happiest!







No comments:

Post a Comment