Monday, April 15, 2013

basketball,daddys/daughters and faith---- day 104 and 105 (project 365)

This weekend was extremely busy but photo filled and although shot, I  wasn't timely with my post.    Saturday I had Clayton captured  and Sunday morning continued on the ongoing project with Dawud on the daddy/daughters with Kenny and Esmerelda in National City.    Kenny and Esmerelda were awesome, I am showing one image of them playing basketball.  I got some pretty powerful shots and can't wait to share them  when the project is put together fully.

  Today while picking up some ceviche I met an elder 73 years young,  who use to play professional basketball in the late 50's to 60's with the Warriors, and so full of life , laughter, stories.  He reminded me of my father, same height( 6'4"), build , eyes of wisdom and experience.   Jai walked up heading home and I introduced them and we all had great conversation and laughter.   Jai agreed he resembled his grandfather (the photos that he has seen) .   It amazes me how the universe places people in your path when you are thinking the most about loved one's you miss terribly. 

Among all the blessings that I was givin today ,on a day that I was just drained of energy,  I am grateful always.    I can not finish without saying that although I had a wonderful day and  in my own turmoil, it  seems so trivial when hearing about  the horrific bombing during the Boston Marathon .  I saw the news video and couldn't help but cry and just hope that people will heal.   Why???
 Everyday this is a common occurrence in other parts of the country .  The loss of life for adults and children alike over hatred, different views, and people just wanting to hurt others ........  it saddens me.   Americans have been in a bubble and not exposed to much of this, unfortunately a little to much recently - mostly within and society is waring against each other.   I pray for all who lost life, and those who continue on to heal physically but mentally - and carry on with strength. 
 I am one of those nut jobs I guess  that still have faith in most human beings and do my best to find that positive vibration in the negative that often surrounds us.








No comments:

Post a Comment