Tuesday, February 26, 2013

having a private party- day 57 (project 365)

Tonight the second night of the full moon and I am having a private party.    My little granddaughter and I danced to Feli Kuti tonight in the light of the moon and had our ritual honoring to the feminine.   

 As I celebrate my womanhood I thought about the  other day Bro. Kamal, from the family I took photos off, asked me since I have been a grandmother how has that changed my womanhood. I thank him for asking that question.    I have been thinking about this for days now , and honestly will probably think about it for many days and months to come.

What has changed in me , in this time from being a mother to a grandmother?

I was listening to India Irie and her song Private Party and it struck me.  I am celebrating me and the woman that I have become.  As I danced in the moonlight tonight I was thinking and hearing the words --- - I am learning to love me, just look how far you've come, true love begins with me, learning to love the quiet moments, looking in the mirror having a conversation and healing the disconnection ,cry until I laugh or cry away the hurt,  celebrating me..............
There it is...........I am having a private party!




No comments:

Post a Comment