Thursday, February 7, 2013

getting the hair done- day 38 (project 365)



Tonight young Miss Janea did my hair--- braids.  All the girls young and me sitting around eating, drinking, laughter and such filling the air.   It has been a while since having my hair braided and loving it...feels good.  Memories and thoughts of why the beauty parlor and the barber shop is such a big part of black culture.   A time when people would sit around discuss the happenings in the community and make plans to gather for many reasons, political and personal, debates and discussions and yes the social aspect as well.   




4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. thank you for checking out the blog Miss Chichi Von B and viewing my photos and it is so awesome that the images a evoking feelings for many... I am doing something right. Get out there and do some hair, have some fun!!!

      Delete
  2. My aunt has a beauty Salon and my dad used to work out of it on Saturdays to cut hair sometimes !!! This totally brings me back to those good times ... Thanks Ghia !

    ReplyDelete
  3. mark- cool ...my pleasure...loving documenting things ..

    ReplyDelete