Friday, December 13, 2013

the poor man's Leica - day 352 (project 365)

Today a lovely surprise delivery from Vancouver from my Uncle Larry of a Agfa Silette.   I am to understand that this was given to my Uncle from my father a little over 44 years ago.   He has used it , loved it and has now passed it on to me.   Such excitement to open and check it out.   I have loaded it with film and already testing it out.   This particular model was made from 1957 - 1960 and was dubbed " the poor man's Leica".  

My little groupie wanted to load the film and take it from me to take pictures immediately.    Of course she wanted to see the image right away and I had to explain to her about the film/light and having to wait to develop the film to see the images.   She said she will be patient.  

Thank you Uncle Larry ----  Indeed. 



No comments:

Post a Comment