Thursday, December 26, 2013

habari gani - unity --- day 365 ???? ( project 365)

Let me start by saying that this is day 365 of my project......but it is not.   Where did I miss approximately 5 days.  Who knows.  Life .    I will post until the year is out to really complete my project.    



"Habari Gani- (What's the news?)"
"Umoja"



Today is the first day of Kwanzaa.   Kwanzaa is based on the seven principles of the Nguzu Saba (seven principles of African heritage).   Created in 1966 by Dr  Maulana Karenga for celebration of culture , community, family and identity.

Today is Umoja (Unity)-  
To strive for and to maintain unity in the family, community , nation and race.

 My attempt will be to depict each of the seven principles in images in honor and meditation  of the ancestors and those to come.
Ase 









No comments:

Post a Comment