Thursday, April 21, 2011

Super Shooter


Inspired to experiment again with my cameras, on the hunt for Polaroid film for my "Super Shooter". Wiping the dust off of this gem that was given to me with the hopes of "Victory".

I really want to create my darkroom again. Although fading away with modernity. I really loved being in the darkroom for hours upon hours. It was the most joyous event to see that image come to life while swirling chemicals over exposed paper, and to do it all again to get that exposure or timing just right. I remember fondly of the day that my father first brought me into the darkroom at 11 or 12 years old and the amazement of the whole process, his passion and it being another dimension void of time and space. Many years after my father was not physically here in this world, I would spend countless hours in my makeshift darkroom in my bathroom creating that place, allowing all of my senses come alive. The very distinct odor (love it) of the developing chemicals.....ooh such bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment