Tuesday, October 22, 2013

sky is falling- day 300 (project 365)


For days I have been going through images.  Working on website , updating and adding to others.  it is necessary to get some rest as I am doing this while taking care of the little ones and surprisingly I am getting it done....determination.   My children will inherit a ton of images, film, prints, digital and I am going to try my best to at least be somewhat organized for their sake- whatever they decide to do with them one day.   

I have been taking photos of friends and family for years now and have finally decided to do what I love most , to create.  I have stepped out on a limb and a short one I may add.   I may not be the best photographer or artist out there , with the best equipment, but I have vision.  I make the image the camera is my assistant, right.

    I am very excited for this new time in my life, although I will not lie and say that this has been a transition for me.  I have felt as though "my sky is falling", however I know that silver lining is there for me.  Following your aspirations and dreams isn't always easy.  I am pleasantly surprised for some of the support from others  and then there were those that said..... " to old to be in the game", "not good enough".   At times I start to believe it especially when the "ol' mighty dolla" is ruler.   I have also had the people closest to me have faith in my abilities and talents, and at times more than myself.   Self doubt is not good for the soul.

I read everyday about photographers who just were in the right place, right time or that right person who says you are amazing with connections -  of course I think most people work hard for what in some way or form.   I just need my craft to feed my soul and pockets right now, this is very unbalanced and the later would be nice.   

I am done for now and probably could go on for hours but this is a discussion I need have with myself and believe in me ----  I have always said not to worry it will all work out, and it will.

Now with all that being said here is my website and don't forget to see the link page for my Etsy store and www.imagesbyghia.smugmug.com  for more photos as well. 

www.imagesbyghia.com

Nite all









No comments:

Post a Comment