Saturday, July 13, 2013

I am Trayvon- day 195 (project 365)

Today the man (Zimmerman)  that was being charged for killing 17 year old Trayvon Martin was found not guilty of "ALL" charges.   I am sickened.   I get in a court of law it is suppose to be beyond a reasonable doubt.  This man openly admitted to following this youth thinking he was suspicious and was told by the police force during a phone call to stop following this young man and they would respond.   Treyvon ended up dead after calling family and friends to say that someone had been following him as he was returning from the store.  In my opinion a perfect example of profiling, fear and ignorance, and based on "Stand your Ground" (if armed and you feel threatened you have the right to defend yourself or even kill) ...and  he is justified .  I surely need to research this much more.     I am at a loss of words.   I just keep thinking this could of been my child on any given day.   So tragic.   May the family find peace.   I am Treyvon Martin.


1 comment:

  1. Preach Sister - I am so sickened by this I am at a loss for words ..........

    ReplyDelete