Tuesday, July 23, 2013

a summer to remember- day 204 (project 365)

As Jasmin started to invade Jai's room putting baby things in his closet (with his permission), I sat on the floor observing.   Mahlia helping her mother put her baby sister's items in the organizer and Jai playing his video games as if nothing was happening.  The Rasta flag, Hawaiian flag,  Bob Marley, Aztec calender,  Jimmy Hendrix,  sombreros, video games and teenage funk replaced with young man swag,  will all be packed away or taken to the dorms and little ones will take over .   I got teary eyed.   I realized in the past few months I have posted a lot of images of my grandchildren, children, family in general and our everyday happenings.    Of course in order to get that image for the day , many times that is  what the day consist of.    As I sat there watching what was going on around me I realized that this summer truly is one to remember.   I sat on the porch looking at the moon admiring the beauty and power in reflection of recent events.

This summer my youngest son has graduated, turned 18 and will be off to college in a few weeks, Jasmin is bringing another grandchild into our lives in a few weeks,  Mahlia the first grandchild will be 4 years old this summer, Makai is learning to walk and will be a year old already, and I am ...well on to other opportunities and adventures for myself....me...wow.   That's a new one. 

There will obviously be more images of these things as they unfold in our lives, my life.    

My daddy use to say--  Life is High Adventure--- and I add,  Live the journey.









No comments:

Post a Comment