Monday, August 20, 2012

Life is High Adventure. Leer

In May I took two of my children and granddaughter on a road trip north up to Riverside, CA. my birthplace and resting place for my father Leer Roux Larkins. I decided it would be a good time to go and just sit , have some libations and say "cheers" to my daddy and his life and what an impact he had on mine, needless to say inspires me. It is never to late to follow the path that you really would like to see come to be. My father was (and is,in my mind) an artist, photographer, sculpter, painter. Among other things lover of community , wisdom, music, and as he would say "fine things". He loved and was loved and adored by many and I might add.....very disliked as well (have to smile about that one). The cemetary that was to be his final resting place was a place he spent many years documenting , cataloging, etc. for a project he had been working on as well as for historic reasons. It seemed only fitting to have him there. He passed in 1993 at a spry 82 years old . I went in the office to find his marker because I was a little turned around and they had to pull out these old, yellowing, books that they kept there records for this building because it is so old. Mind you all hand written as you will see in the images. I had forgotten how historical this place was and as much as I enjoy cemetaries this mosoleum really was a little spooky feeling and at the same time peaceful. Lots of energy in those cold marble halls. His older grandchildren were able to meet him for the first part of their young lives but not my youngest. So for him this was a meeting for the first time in our meditation as well as of course my little granddaughter who told me (as though a medium) "grandpa Leer says don't cry....." as she was touching his stone in the wall of the mosoleum. We wrote some notes to him and quietly I felt his presence as I do often with both of my parents. I have been truly blessed to have a wonderful Legacy!

2 comments: