Friday, January 1, 2010

once in a blue moon....

2010 is here (Roman Calender that is).

New Years Eve was very nice. Sushi, Japanese Beer, the Ocean, the Moon, spent with friends. A wonderful way to end one year and start of another, full of adventure and living.










New Years eve was a full moon and called the "Blue Moon". This means there were two full moons in the month which happens a few times a year. The moon isn't actually blue though. This is where the saying "once in a blue moon" comes from. The moon was special last night. The Blue Moon on New Years Eve is very rare. The last time was 19 years ago and the next time it happens will be in 28 years from now. I did not waste the opportunity to revel in the bask of the moons powerful presence on New Years Eve. I went to the ocean with my girl Autumn and made a personal offering and re-energized myself.








Taking photos of the moon is nearly impossible. There is constant movement and besides it was dark and I did not have a tripod. The ocean in darkness was a challenge as well. The feeling of the ocean is powerful and calming, I like the how the images came out just like I dream.

The last few weeks have gone by very quickly, for that matter the last few months. I was able to have the rare occasion these few weeks to have all my children in the same place at the same time. Of course my grandchild has had her first holiday experiences with everyone as well. I actually pulled out some of my grandmothers decorations for the little one.









Don't think the doll did it for her.


My oldest back from college for winter break finally got to meet his niece.




Kwanza started the 26th and ended the 1st. The last day is Imani (Faith) ... that I must keep in my heart.









Within the last few weeks I went for a stroll and took my camera on the adventure, I should have a tripod with me for these times. It works for me though. A beautiful and clear night. Cold for San Diego. I even had to light my heater which turned out to be a beautiful images.












Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment