Monday, December 28, 2009

2 weeks worth...



In such a short amount of time it seems that so much has happened or hasn't happened, whichever way you choose to look at it.
I wanted to post something much sooner, however due to technical problems wasn't able to. Without putting to much negative energy towards my computer .... it isn't working the way I need it to. I am in much need of a new system that will allow me to work properly now and in the future. Especially with images. It is so frustrating to find a balance with everyday expenses for the family, rent, car, etc. etc. etc. and knowing that you require new equipment to move forward in doing what you love doing. Damn the "All Mighty Dollar". It sure would make things much easier to have new equipment/tools. That is all coming my way soon enough. I have to be patient and throw that positive energy into the universe. I feel it in the breezes ever so slightly, but coming my direction. Soft and gentle breezes in the right direction are good. To strong - I may not be able to handle the storm. So be careful what you ask for and ask in the right way.



I have been pretty steady with my promise to myself to photograph something, anything, everyday !

Last week I was called to assist on a engagement session. Went out to the location and it was canceled. I took a few photos of the surroundings. The rest of the week I was pretty busy at my job that pays the bills and allows me to be creative in another arena...that would be screen printing. Can be messy at times, but I like it.





















So later that evening I went to Cultura de la Raza and watched a documentary film called " Rythmic Uprising". I encourage anyone and everyone to see this film. It takes place in Brazil and how they are using art form in music, dance, education, etc. to keep children focused on who there are, to be proud and to attain all that is possible in a place that it is expected of them to fail. I was also able to see a dance troop of young kids (young adults-I am dating myself :)) dance from here in San Diego. The name escapes me at this time, but it was beautiful and expressive. It makes me want to dance again. A beautiful evening!!!

This really reminded me of why I want to do what I do. I really love working with the kids. I would love to continue my fathers work and it is not to late!!!! My legacy? I think so.




No comments:

Post a Comment