Friday, December 11, 2009

a lonely frame looking for love





Last night I picked this window frame up(after driving by it a few times) thinking I could do an art project with it. After the third time passing by , I stopped. I figured it was waiting for me to bring it home. Of course....another project idea. I might actually work on it a bit quicker this time than usual. Which sometimes ends up being "never". I will do my best not to let that happen this time. So when it is done I will take a picture of it and post it.

Sitting on my porch this morning contemplating what the day had in store, i see that my little plants need some loving. I know, pretty random, but maybe not. All they need is a little nurturing and patience and they will survive, not unlike all of us. So i realize that me taking photos even ever so simple every day allows me to nurture my talents. I am looking forward to seeing things differently through my lens again and finding the beauty in the most simplest of things, texture, color, light.... life.

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of working with window panes. Have you ever seen the work of Dominique Moody? She has this piece that's a window, covered with transferancies and surrounded with found objects. It tells a million stories, pretty phenomenal, actually.

    ReplyDelete