Sunday, December 13, 2009

rain, rain, go away...... or stay.. it won't ruin my day















So yesterday it rained pretty much all day. I started my day as usual and then played some jazz. Louis Armstrong made me happy and feeling good.

My friend Autumn and I decided to make a day of it and not let the raindrops make us couch surfers all day. Of course there seemed to be a loose plan, but we ended up in random places with no direction. Thanks Autumn. That's the best way to do it.

First stop, Quince St bridge and in the rain it just so happened that a hawk landed and visited us on the rail. I was able to get pretty close and he/she didn't seem to mind. Unfortunately I was changing exposures while rain was falling so when I got shots up close I overexposed them. I managed to keep some of the image and although blown out I like the "artsy" look to it. The rest of the day consisted of Little Italy Mercado , a little walk around the colorful area, a stop at Mardis Gras for alligator sandwich, and OB to Noon Designs ( a cool little jewelry and paper shop), then Sunset Cliffs. A beautiful day all together.

Today......got up late the sun was shining. Warmed my tootsies and didn't have to man the containers at the leaks in the windows and ceiling. It has been a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment