Tuesday, May 28, 2013

tourist in my own town- day 148 (project 365)

Today for a few hours acted as a tourist in my own town.   I had never in all the years living here gone to the San Diego Mission.   I had really been talking about heading out there for the past month and made it there today.  Having some basic knowledge of the history ,  I and actually learned a lot about the missions here and up and down the state.   Spain and the Catholic church and it's influx here to gain control of Northern California and it's people (natives). ...  San Diego, Santa Barbara, San Jose, San Francisco and so forth and so on.     I surely didn't know that Spain was making sure that Russia didn't gain control of the northern part of California.   I will say that I can always appreciate the artistry, and the gardens were quite beautiful as well.   Cactus probably close to 100 years old , bells and excavated items from the site .   A great few hours and will have to be that tourist in my own town again soon. 






No comments:

Post a Comment